I’ve often written about the importance of taking time for YOU! It is important from a business perspective to rest your brain and body to increase creativity and productivity. It’s especially important if you are an entrepreneur or solo-preneur because if you burn out, you have no energy for the business and usually no one to run the business.
From a personal standpoint, it is also important to take time to rest, relax and rejuvenate. When you take care of yourself, it makes you a better person on all levels.
I’m now going to challenge you: take time for you to a new level! Stay with me. I’d like you to take a break from being an “adult” and do the things you liked doing as a child. Here are some things to jog your memory (since you may have forgotten):
- Catch fireflies (release them back to nature)
- Blow bubbles (I always have bubbles on hand)
- Build sandcastles
- Play ball
- Watch a movie
- Play Frisbee – with a dog is even better
- Eat an ice cream cone
- Call a friend and catch up on all the things that have happened since you last spoke and/or reminisce about the past
- You get the idea..
The benefits of playing will:
- help you relax
- relieve stress
- feel young
- increase your energy
- connect with others
- free your brain and ultimately help you to be more creative and more productive.)
Don’t judge. Just try it–you’ll like it! If you feel weird doing some of these on your own, grab your kids/grandkids or borrow someone’s child and given them a break.)